Review the case file titled “Hilary Case,” found below these instructions.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Draft a legal memorandum in which you discuss the likelihood of a successfully legal recovery by your client who is the plaintiff.
- Write a summary of the main activities that you, as the paralegal, need to take in order to prepare the Hilary Case for trial.
- Describe two (2) issues you might encounter as you prepare your case that would cause you to reach out to the supervising attorney for help.
- Draft a letter to the supervising attorney in which you describe a possible settlement of the Hilary Case and set out reasons why the client should accept it.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use the rules for citation form for primary and secondary authorities as well as the use of signals such as id., supra, infra, etc.
- Analyze what paralegals do, the career choices available to paralegals, their role in the legal profession, and the need for continuing education and training.
- Examine the paralegal workplace, tasks, and functions of a paralegal and accounting procedures in the law office.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in paralegal studies.
- Write clearly and concisely about paralegal studies using proper writing mechanics.