Prohibition was the first time alcohol has been criminalized in the U S The driving movement behind criminalization of alcohol were Protestant women.
Just as with all “war on drugs” we have had in our past, there was a demonization of those believed to be the predominant users of alcohol, namely Irish Catholic males.
• Do you think we could have a similar prohibition on alcohol today?
• Do you think there are any currently legal substances that could become criminalized in the next 20 years?
• Do you think any currently illegal substances will be decriminalized in the 20 years.
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Must research your topic and remember to cite your source(s). ALL INITIAL POST MUST HAVE AN APA FORMATTED REFERENCE SOURCE
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!