WRITTEN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Doctoral candidates should provide an authentic personal statement to each of the five
following questions/prompts reflecting on their own personal interest. In the event that any
outside resources are used, resources should be cited in APA format. Submissions should be a
maximum of 500 words or 125 words per question/prompt. It is best to response to each
prompt/question individually for clarity of the reviewer. Writing sample should be submitted in
Microsoft Word format and include candidate’s name.
1. Tell us about yourself and your personal journey that has lead you to University of
2. What are your research interests in the area of information technology? How did
you become interested in this area of research?
3. What is your current job/career and how will this program impact your career
4. What unique qualities do you think you have that will help you in being successful in
5. How can obtaining a doctorate impact your contribution to the practices of
information technology? Where do you see yourself after obtaining a doctorate from