Organizing Gail Williams is the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information. The
Gail Williams is the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information. The
athletic department has just been given permission to add three new positions to work with social media. The new positions will be added to Gail’s staff, which currently includes five staff members with specific sport responsibilities (e.g., one person is responsible for softball, field hockey, and men’s tennis, while another works with women’s soccer, baseball, and men’s golf) as well as two television production workers.
Questions for Discussion
1. How should Gail organize the Sports Information department to best utilize these three new employees?
2. How might current job responsibilities be altered?
3. Which duties might the new members take over?
4. What might be some additional duties?
5. How will Gail prioritize these roles and positions?