directions are below the scenario
Scenario 1: In-service for nursing staff
Orange City is a mid-sized town comprised mostly of elderly and retired Caucasian adults. Since the addition of a new highway, shopping mall, and various other small businesses, Orange City has seen a recent explosion of families moving into the area. Many of these families come from diverse backgrounds adding a new layer of cultural diversity to the city. Because the nurses at Orange City hospital have traditionally worked with the same type of clientele, many have been taken off guard when individuals deny certain health care measures due to religious or cultural beliefs. One day the nursing manager approaches you, the nurse educator, and asks if you could create an in-service that highlights the ways culture and religion can impact patient responses to medicine, preventative care, and treatment options.
- Reflect on this week’s Learning Resources, paying specific attention to the alignment between learning activities and learning objectives.
- Review this week’s media, Crafting Learning Objectives, to examine an effective approach to crafting meaningful, measurable learning objectives.
- Select one of the scenarios above for your posting. Then, consider the following questions:
- What are the learning needs illustrated in the scenario?
- What meaningful learning objectives could you craft to address these learning needs?
- How could you use the learning objectives to create an educational, learner-centered activity?
- What type of activity might you create to help your learners achieve the learning objectives?
- How can you use the learning objectives to measure if learning has taken place?
- Using your answers to the questions above, create learning objectives and a learning activity applicable to your scenario.
Posting Directions: When creating your post, use the title: “Learning activity for Scenario _____.”