Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment
- Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors, such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
- Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and
diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is
currently taking the following prescription drugs:
- Synthroid 100 mcg daily
- Nifedipine 30 mg daily
- Prednisone 10 mg daily