This assignment is intended to allow you to develop strategies and approaches that incorporate theory and research in response to the Riverbend City: Designer Drug Epidemic media piece. Your identified response must address internal and external organizational pressures. In addition, you will prepare this assignment in a report format to illustrate the utilization of theory and research within the functioning of a criminal justice organization.
Based on your review of the Riverbend City: Designer Drug Epidemic media piece (linked in the Resources), develop a report for the CEO of the Riverbend City Police Department in which you address the following critical elements that align with the grading criteria:
- Articulate how organizational support strategies to address criminal justice structural problems.
- Analyze the impact of external political and social pressures on criminal justice organizations.
- Examine consequences of various types of responses to external pressures on administrative and organizational functioning.
- Develop methods for introducing innovative criminal justice organizational policies, programs, and protocols.
In creating your report, you may choose to use the follow resources:
- Papers and Reports. This webpage of Microsoft Office templates is available at no cost to the learner. It is linked in the Resources.
- Forsyth, P. (2013). How to write reports and proposals (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Kogan Page. Check the Capella library for this optional book.
- Length: At least 8 double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: At least 3 peer-reviewed resources formatted following current APA guidelines.
- Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font size and type: Times New Roman, 12 points.