1. Find two (2) definitions for “Engineering Management” on the internet or in a research paper
2. Use a table to list the similarities and differences (if any) in your definitions
3. Use a table to list the similarities and differences between “engineering management” and “management”
4. Provide your own definition of “engineering management” based on your work in #1, 2, and 3 above
Reflect on the challenges associated with leading and managing organizations today.
Based on this, what skills do you think are critical to being an effective manager?
What skills are critical to being an effective leader?
What skills do you believe will be most difficult for you to develop?
Which skills do you believe are already strengths for you?
Complete the following actions
1. Read this article about SolarCity and Elon Musk: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/06/elon-musk-is-in-an-empire-state-of-mind.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
2. In tabular or paragraph format, (a) outline the management challenges Elon Musk faces (b) how is he responding to each of the challenges you identified?