Choose one of the following topics and address the corresponding questions.
A. Intelligence Test
Base your answers on your observations about the intelligence test you took in the Unit Readings and Activities.
- Were the concepts of fluid and/or crystallized intelligence demonstrated through the test you took? Why or why not? Provide examples from the test itself in support of your response.
- Did the test measure practical and/or emotional intelligence? If so, how? If not, how did it not measure practical and/or emotional intelligence? Provide examples from the test in support of your response.
- Was the test accurate in measuring intelligence, according to Binet? If so, how? If not, how was it not accurate? Provide examples from the test to support your answer.
- How might this test have been culturally biased? Conversely, do you feel that it was culture fair? Provide examples from the test that support your perspective.
B. Multiple Intelligences
- What is meant by Multiple Intelligences?
- Take the Multiple Intelligence Inventory and determine which intelligences you score “high” on and which you score “low” on. Are the results consistent with your perception of yourself? Why or why not?
- Do you feel the test was culturally fair?
- What applications do the theory of Multiple Intelligences have in educational settings?