Answer question # 6
1. Near the end of the term as noted on Canvas and in the Course Schedule each Group Spokesperson shall submit on behalf of its group members a maximum 10 page final project case study analysis report for the group.
2. Use of charts and tables are strongly encouraged but should be placed in the appendix rather than in the body of the paper. The 10 page maximum does not include title page, table of contents, abstract, references or appendices if any.
3. Required Sections: At a minimum each group submission shall include an Introduction section, then re-state and answer in detail each of the questions found at the end of the case study.
4. Data and Sources. All data (facts and figures/statistics) shall be referenced appropriately. References and in text citations shall be in APA Style format. All your writing shall be by the students. No cutting and pasting of text from any source is allowed. For those students that need help with proper APA in text citation and references, please see the following link: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/. Additional APA Style links and documents will be posted on the Class online site. Also, see www.refworks.com this source is available free to FIU students and will assist you in formatting references properly in APA and other formats. An additional source http://bruteforcestudyguide.com/essaywriting/apastyle.html
5. Required Sources: Each issue, question, paragraph and sentence with a statistic, number or direct quote is required to contain at least one External Authoritative Source in addition to the case study and the textbook to support the statements and conclusions made therein.
6. Required Sources: A source and citation is required on each table/chart used
7. Required Sources: Two External Authoritative Sources in addition to the case study are required for maximum points on EACH answer
8. Required Sources: A source cannot be referenced unless it was cited in the narrative answer.
9. Formatting: The textbook from which the case study was published and the course text book must be cited just like any other source. It is not permissible to write “In the text book… or In the case study ”
10. Formatting: Any direct quote in the narrative must include the page or paragraph number in the citation.
11. External Authoritative Sources for purposes of this course shall mean: books, peer reviewed journal articles, education and government sites as well as non-partisan national or international organizations (such as WHO, UNICEF, UNAIDS etc) provided, the foregoing source/material selected has in text citations and references to support statements made therein. Under no circumstances are newspapers including the Wall Street Journal, blogs (regardless of source), editorials, panel discussions and dot com sites to be used. The foregoing are not considered authoritative for this course.
12. Formatting: It is improper to place a citation/source at the end of a paragraph if material from the source appears before the last sentence in the paragraph.
13. Formatting: It is improper to place a citation in the middle of a sentence. One can lead with the source in the sentence but cannot use a citation within parenthesis except at the end of the sentence.
14. Additional Guidance: I urge student to review the adobe connect session with FIU Libraries and Writing Center on APA Style formatting and contact them personally if more assistance is needed.
15. Proper Submission Required: The assignment must be posted in the appropriate Assignment Folder.