Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice. Explain the process and summarize the results.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Health Assessment – Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
- Describe the key elements that make up a health assessment at the community, group, and individual levels.
- Explain the process involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment.
- Summarize the findings of a health assessment for a specific population.
- Competency 3: Nursing Research and Informatics – Incorporate evidence-based practice interventions (for example, information systems and patient care technologies) as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients, promoting health across the lifespan.
- Use valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of nursing to support information presented.
- Competency 5: Communication – Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate APA format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a nursing professional.
Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice as you complete the following:
- Describe the key elements that make up a health assessment at each of the following levels:
- Explain the process for completing a comprehensive health assessment.
- Summarize the findings of the health assessment you conducted. Be sure you include a brief description of the population you selected.
- Format: Include a title page and reference. Use APA style and formatting.
- Length: This assessment should be approximately 3–5 pages in length.
- References: Cite at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Font: Use double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.