The purpose of this applicationis to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected DNP competencies acquired through the NR700 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO3: Assimilate nursing ways of knowing and the development of nursing science (PO 3).
CO7: Analyze the implementation of selected theoretical perspectives into evidence-based practice (PO 5).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Wednesday11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8 as directed.
1. The You Decide Reflectionis worth 100 points and will be graded on quality of self-assessment use of citations use of Standard English grammar sentence structure and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Create your essay using Microsoft Word(a part of Microsoft Office) which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in .docx
3. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q&A forum.
4. The length of the reflection is to be withinTwo to Threepages excluding title page and reference pages.
5. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case centered):
Note: Introduction Write an introduction but do not use Introduction as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010 p. 63).
a. You Decide Reflection
PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION
The DNP Essentials (AACN 2006)outline a number ofscientific underpinnings for practicecompetencies for theDNP-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NR700 course readings discussion threads and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. Integrate nursing science with knowledge from ethics the biophysicalpsychosocial analytical and organizational sciences as the basis for the highestlevel of nursing practice.
2. Use science-based theories and concepts to:determine the nature and significance of health and health care deliveryphenomena;describe the actions and advanced strategies to enhance alleviate andameliorate health and health care delivery phenomena as appropriate; andevaluate outcomes.
3. Develop and evaluate new practice approaches based on nursing theories and theories from other disciplines