Start by reading and following these instructions:
Note that in this course, due to the nature of the assignments, you are permitted to use first person, such as: “I, Me”, in all assignments and discussion posts.
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Three-part APA Paper…. ALL papers require strict APA formatting with title page, introductory paragraph to tell the reader what will be covered and the purpose of the paper, discussion on the assignment(s), APA headings, a conclusion paragraph to sum up the highlights of the paper, and a references page with references listed for every in text citation. Note that headings in APA do not include articles such as “Part 1” , “Module 2”, or the name of the course. Headings/titles are to reflect the topic that is being covered.
Part 1: Reflect on how those experiences from the Discussion Post impact your nursing practice now?
Part 2: Discuss what ageing biases you have witnessed &/or perpetrated.
Part 3: Create a community education plan to address ageing bias.
The assignment should be written in an APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1500 words in length and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.
Mental Health of America. (2011). Position Statement 35: Aging well: Wellness and psychosocial treatment for the emotional and cognitive challenges of aging. Retrieved from http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/positions/aging-well
Discussion post question mentioned in part 1:
Answer the following questions honestly (safe space).
- How does a person’s difference in age, culture, race, gender and living situation impact your comfort as a nurse in communicating with them?
- While growing up, how were OAs treated in your family, culture, community and in society (identify the year range).