What were their main political and/or economic goals? Explain (This may overlap with their foreign policy and religious policy)
2) What was their religious policy? How was it carried out? Were they successful? What were the consequences of their actions? (Note: some rulers did not play a large role in developing or supporting any major religions policies. However, if your chosen monarch had strong religious beliefs, ties, or policies, this must be clearly visible in your presentation)
3) Describe their foreign policy. Did they achieve their goals? Explain
4) What was their legacy? Did they have any accomplishments or failures?
5) Determine whether your ruler was purely an Absolutist ruler or an Enlightened Absolutist ruler. Explanations are included below. Cite your evidence from your research to support your groups decision. Your presentation must include a slide with your decision and your evidence to support it. Definition of key terms: Absolutism was a political theory in which ultimate authority rested in the hands of a king who ruled by divine right – an authority given to monarchs directly by God. The Enlightenment was an 18th century phenomenon based on the ideas of the Scientific Revolution that supported the belief that human reason should govern understanding of the world. Major concerns of the Enlightenment: (1) The danger of unchecked and arbitrary authority (2) Natural rights and the value of religious toleration (3) The importance of law, reason, and human dignity. Enlightened Absolutism: A monarchy in which the ruler introduces reforms for society, allowing freedom of speech and press, religious toleration, and expanding education.
6) Tell a brief memorable story about your monarch. The presentation must feature a brief memorable story or account which occurred during the life of your assigned ruler.
7) Remember to utilize clearly labeled images/art in your presentation.